We've put a lot of time into keeping our community as safe and secure as possible. Here are some tips that will help keep it that way:
- Do not send money unless you have personally inspected the property and met the roommates.
- Exercise extreme caution and report any suspicious activity if something appears too good to be true.
- Utilize our secure messaging system at no cost to communicate until you feel comfortable revealing personal information.
- Inform a friend before and after viewing a property if you are going alone.
- Bringing a friend along when meeting someone for the first time is completely acceptable.
- If you feel uneasy or uncomfortable in any situation, contact a friend and remove yourself from it.
To help maintain a trusted ecosystem, Homiis offers multiple steps of verification which are outlined below.
The most basic form of verification. We recommend all users perform this form of verification to maximize your success of interaction with others on the platform. The information required to perform this verification is:
- A verified mobile phone number
- A non-expired form of government identification (passport, driver's license, etc.)
Social Media Verification (Coming Soon)
Verifying social media accounts further increases trust and transparency throughout the platform. Having this badge on your profile will further increase your chance of response from other users on the platform.
We currently support the verification of profiles on the following social media platforms:
Credit Check (Coming Soon)
Performing a credit check proves to other users that you are in a good outstanding financial position, which is often necessary to sign lease agreements unless you have a Guarantor (What is a Guarantor?).
Criminal Background Check (Coming Soon)
Conducting a criminal background check proves to other users that you are in good standing with the laws and regulations of the country you live in. Having this badge on your profile will further increase your chance of response from other users on the platform.
How you can help
If you ever come across a suspicious listing or account profile, please kindly report them using the report button on the listing page. You can also manually send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that if you choose to manually send a report, kindly attach screenshots of the suspicious content so our team can handle the investigation as promptly as possible.